Let’s face it: health insurance can be really confusing and stressful. What’s a deductible? How are copayments and coinsurances different? What are subsidies? What’s the difference between an HMO and PPO? How much coverage do I need and how do I find insurance that fits my budget??
Not only do you need the answers to those questions, but you need them now so that you can make the right decisions during the upcoming “Open Enrollment Period” (or OEP for short), the one time of year when you can purchase or change your health insurance. This year OEP starts November 1st, 2018 (or October 15 if you live in California) and ends December 15. That means you only have 6 weeks to enroll in the health insurance plan that you’re going to depend for all of 2019! .
That’s why we’re excited to announce that we’ve partnered with Stride, a company that helps you save time and money on insurance and taxes. They make it really easy to find the right coverage for you at the lowest possible prices, and help you get enrolled in 10 minutes or less.
Here’s what you’ll get from our partnership with Stride:
- A personalized recommendation for health insurance based on your preferred doctors, prescription drugs, and medical conditions
- Access to more plans than the government exchanges (at the same price)
- An easy way to estimate your income so you can save as much money as possible on your insurance payments
- Tips on how to lower your health insurance bill with guidance from Stride’s blog and their award-winning Member Experience team
- Support and answers to questions you might have during enrollment
The good news: all of this will only take about 10 minutes. You’ll answer a few questions on our safe & secure Medely & Stride site, get a personalized recommendation, and get enrolled. Along the way, Stride will let you know if you qualify for any subsidies (financial assistance from the government that you don’t need to pay back) to make sure your payments are as low as possible. On average, Stride members save $288 per month on health insurance through Stride. Oh, and you’ll have access to year round, free phone, chat or email support.
Why are we doing this? Simple: we’re really glad to have you as part of the Medely community, and we want to be sure you and your loved ones have the coverage they need. We partnered with Stride to make that as easy for you as possible. Here’s to staying happy and health in 2019!